The incredible true life crash landing by US Airways Flight 1549 on the Hudson River in New York involved all 155 passengers and crew surviving without any major injuries, and has inspired a movie and much coverage in the media. Despite both engines being taken out by a flock of geese shortly after take off, the pilot was able to land the plane safely.
Format: 9 page downloadable .PDF file (check out the image for an overview of the pages).
Contents: Tutorial, worksheet and worked solution.
- Math Scenario 1 – Which Airport Can You Make?
- CAN THE PILOT MAKE AIRPORT 1?
- CAN THE PILOT MAKE AIRPORT 2?
- Math Scenario 2 – Dumping Fuel
- Math Scenario 3 – Firefighters to the Rescue
Curriculum Codes: ACMNA173 | ACMEM020 | ACMNA188 | ACMEM117 | ACMEM082