The Complete Guide to Artificial Intelligence for Kids is a 50 page fully illustrated guide that introduces children to today's most transformative technology and all the key concepts underlying it.
"...a good balance of simplicity and accuracy and a good explanation for kids with a balanced view that includes some of the pitfalls of AI. It covers rule-based, reinforcement learning and supervised learning. It shows the problem of dataset bias. It shows example applications that are working today and some that are not ready yet. It allows children to think about the hard problems such as military robots and jobs lost to automation. It delivers a powerful message that anyone can learn coding and robotics."
The guide touches on all the key issues in AI, including:
- What is AI?
- Neural network-based AI and biological intelligence
- How does AI learn? Training AI, and comparisons to how we learn.
- The importance of appropriate data for training AI and the potential for discrimination
- What can AI do well? Covering topics like image recognition, medicine, games...
- What does AI not do well (at least currently)? Covering topics like emotions, creativity, music, painting, unexpected situations...
- Challenges for AI including topics like driverless car decision making
- Potential problems including AI taking jobs and military AI
The guide comes in two different formats:
- a 50 page, A5 size (148 mm x 210 mm), full-color illustrated booklet
- a 50 page full-color hardcover book (203 mm x 276 mm)